This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Living out in the desert his year has yielded some really nice visual experiences.  This piece (above) was inspired by looking out off of the vista view point on Hwy. 74 half way up the mountain from Palm Desert.  Over our year out here I now feel as though I get it, I get the whole draw of the desert landscape and the super trippy atmosphere and vibrations of being one of very few living things in a moon landscape.  Huge skies...

Agnes Martin, Richard Tuttle, and of course , the O'Keefer among many have sung the desert draw...


No comments:

Post a Comment