This is the blog for lookupgospelchoir.com, the art site of Ryan Callis. Here is where I post about influences, and the stories behind my art. To see the art that this blog refers to, visit www.lookupgospelchoir.com.

Sunday, March 9, 2014


This is a portrait of a friend(s) holding his/her baby.  It's an over head view of this person lying down on a striped picnic blanket.  The baby is abstracted and made of forms that were generated by breaking down Zelda's name into it's per letter, numeric value, and then letting the system build the figure.

I think it turned out weird and awesome.  Lance kept warning me about the red Chuck Taylors at the top of the piece, but I met this couple in college, in our Chuck phase of life, so it made sense.

It's on linen, which was also cool, 3' x 4', oil and acrylic, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment